Same problem in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Works fine in Win10 and is all black
in Linux. The difference though: The light isn't enabled in Linux. The
white light is on in Windows, but there is only a dim red light only in
Linux.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to simple-scan in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1712663

Title:
  Visioneer RoadWarrior Scanner [Sane]

Status in simple-scan package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I just picked up one of these portable scanners, it works well in
  Windows.

  In Linux and either xsane or simple-scan however it always scans a
  completely black page.

  Thinking it was a calibration issue I ran:-

  SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 scanimage -d genesys --calibrate
  2>calibrate.log

  Which at first reported it couldn't find the correct sheet. I made one
  using:
  http://www.fixya.com/support/t17003105-calibration_sheet_visioneer_roadwarrior
  and the errors went away

  This is resolved. The calibration value "01 e8 00 00 00" is written.
  There is still an error in the log but it appears to be OK. I'm unsure
  if it's calibration anyhow as it worked OK-ish in Windows (washed out,
  but had an image).

  Scans are still completely black.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/simple-scan/+bug/1712663/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to