This is a problem for geckodriver and for anything else that's using
marionette to control the browser (e.g. various test harnesses including
wpt). If we don't shut down the browser gracefully we lose out on the
ability to do various things that depend on clean shutdown (certainly
leak logging, perhaps code coverage). Marionette has a method to invoke
shutdown, but sending the response races with closing the marionette
connection, so it isn't reliable. Signalling the process with SIGTERM
would be the obvious solution, except for this bug. So we either need a
way to ensure that the marionette response is sent before the
corresponding socket is closed, or a fix here.

  MASTER Firefox crashes on instant X server shutdown

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  In Progress
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in firefox-3.0 package in Ubuntu:

  Firefox crashes when X server is forcefully torn down (e.g. by
  pressing ctrl-alt-backspace) and a crash report gets generated on next
  login.

  (Original Report:
  I've reproduced it once on my machine with the following steps. With, oh,
about 5 tabs open, I just pressed ctrl-alt-backspace, logged back in when the X
server restarted, and FF crashed with a bug report when Gnome tried to restore
the session.

  It's not terribly important, I don't think anyone does this very often, but
maybe it'll be helpful.
  )