Public bug reported:

Where
-----
This is happening on a fresh Linux Mint Tessa whose upstream is bionic
 cat /etc/upstream-release/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=18.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=bionic
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 18.04 LTS"

What
----
The upstream package is provided by the upstream bionic
sudo apt policy cups
cups:
  Installed: 2.2.7-1ubuntu2.2
  Candidate: 2.2.7-1ubuntu2.2
  Version table:
 *** 2.2.7-1ubuntu2.2 500
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security/main amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.2.7-1ubuntu2 500
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 Packages

Problem Synopsis
----------------
I have problem(s) printing with adding or printing to both my printers, one
Dell and the other a Canon.

The Dell E525 was added automatically but when printing to it the queue reports
there was a problem with printing and the documents stays 'pending' in the
queue.
If I try to add the Canon MG6320 using the auto-detected entry for it, the
addition fails and produces the error: cups error - internal server error.
If I add it using the find function with the IP address, adding it succeeds but
printing to it has the same problem as the Dell.

This seems to be a regression/bug in cups that should be addressed.

Please feel free to ask, if you need me to collect more info.

** Affects: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  cups error - internal server error when adding a printer

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  Where
  -----