Please run this command to send us more information about the system:

  apport-collect 1810861

** Summary changed:

- Speakers dont show or make audio
+ USB type C audio adapter (from a Pixel 3) doesn't produce any sound

** Package changed: alsa-driver (Ubuntu) => linux (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  USB type C audio adapter (from a Pixel 3) doesn't produce any sound

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I use a logitech z200 that works fine, i use it with a usb type c
  adapter that came with my pixel 3, my speakers arent shown at all in
  the settings or make sound, its not the usb c adapter because it works
  fine on my windows dual boot and has worked at one point on ubuntu,
  regardless of the fact that ubuntu has never recognized my thunderbolt
  port, i use ubuntu 18.10 by the way when i use lsusb, one of the
  results is google inc., which is my headphone adapter, i can tell
  because when i unplug it it goes away, even when i plug it into the
  3.5 mm headphone jack it doesn't work, i don't know if im forgetting
  something or not, this is the second time im typing this because i
  accidentally closed the first tab of this, whats interesting, is now
  that i go to alsamixer, and press f6 i see option 1.Headphone Adapter,
  i select it and set the volume all the way up and go to something that
  makes audio and nothing happens, then i unplug it and see if it
  disappears, surely enough it does