the bug is years old without activity nor new report and the code
changed quite a lot since, closing, feel free to register new bugs if
you have issues in newer versions though

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  Cannot install printer

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I cannot install RICOH Aficio MP C2000 printer.

  After I click on my printer in the add printer box, a searching for
  driver box appears. After that a choose driver box appears. This box
  is not very user friendly. There is checkboxes for Manufacturer,
  Patented Algorithms and Free software. Non of these checkboxes are
  working. On the left side I can choose between Gutenprint and Local
  Driver. When I choose gutenprint, it asks for my password and then the
  installer goes to 50% and doesn't go further. I am unable to click
  cancel or close the window, and thus, unable to install the printer.

  I saw a similar bug report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source
  /gnome-control-center/+bug/1248303), but that did not solve my
  problem.

  This printer worked perfectly in previous versions of ubuntu.