the bug is years old without activity nor new report and the code
changed quite a lot since, closing, feel free to register new bugs if
you have issues in newer versions though

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  User account opens after some minutes

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

  Release:      14.04

  Hi.
  I Installed the newer 14.04 in my desktop.
  I have to say that this new release is very awesome and all the rest works
perfectly and is super fast!!!
  When I launch User Accounts the mouse pointer turn for few seconds and then
comes back as normal, but the window doesn't show up!
  After 12 minutes, the window appears and every functions work: for example,
new account, change password etc.
  If I launch Live, it needs more time to be launched, If I try the same Live
on another Pc everything works PERFECTLY, for example on my daugther's laptop (
a packardbell with i3 CPU) or on my friend's laptop ( ASUS with A8 CPU).
  With Xubuntu and Lubuntu this doesn't happen even with the Live.

  My Pc is an assembled:

  Motherboard                 MSI-FM2-A75MA-E35
  CPU                                  APU A10-5700    AMD
  Memory                          2X4GB CORSAIR
  HD                                   WD-CAVIAR BLACK 500GB

  I even tried to install ( even if the ones that are OPEN work
  perfectly) the fgrlx or fgrlx-updates drivers, but the result is the
  same.

  I did this report on advise of friends from Ubuntu's chat support on
http://chat.ubuntu-it.org/

  Thank you for your collaboration.

  Valter Giovannetti

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu56
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity