The top bar doesn't exist in the current UI which deprecate that issue

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  Monitor applet: the monitor label may hide the control center
  breadcrumb

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The monitor applet in the Gnome Control Center uses a pink widget on
  each monitor that shows on the monitor its name. I like this feature.

  On my netbook (1024x600 screen), the monitor label widget hides the
breadcrumb of the Gnome Control Center, so I can't go back to the main Gnome
Control Center page. My only option for that is to completely close the Control
Center and reopen it.
  Screen capture of my desktop attached. See the pink "Ordinateur portable" at
the up left, that hides the "Tous les param├Ętres" ("All parameters") part of
the breadcrumb (only "Affichage" ("Display") is accessible).

  So the problem is:
  - the "monitor label widget" is positioned using an absolute position.
  - the "monitor label widget" blocks mouse actions on wdgets below

  Suggestions for a fix:
  - make the widget translucent
  - make the widget inactive (the mouse/keyboard action should go to the window
below

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.4.1-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: i386