Hmm...I'm not sure that's a good assumption. I also was experiencing the
issue without dash-to-dock. I made sure I was on the old version and
installed dash-to-dock, and still could not replicate the issue
reliably. I'm hesitant to say the patch is verified until we've gone an
extended period without seeing the problem under the new package. But I
guess that's what the week waiting period is for. :)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu dock/launcher is shown on the lock screen

  Invalid
Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-shell source package in Bionic:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock source package in Bionic:
  In Progress
Status in gnome-shell source package in Cosmic:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock source package in Cosmic:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-shell source package in Disco:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock source package in Disco:

  [Impact]
  When entering the lock-screen mode, gnome-shell disables all the extensions.
It can happen that under certain conditions ubuntu-dock re-enables itself,
causing the ubuntu-dock to appear in the lock-screen, exposing sensitive
information. One possible way to reproduce this is to enable dash-to-dock and
ubuntu-dock at the same time.

  [Test Case]
  1. Make sure ubuntu-dock is enabled
  2. Enable dash-to-dock too
  3. Lock the screen
  4. Make sure the dock does not appear on the lock screen
  5. Make sure there is no warning is the journal

  [Possible Regressions]
  Even if it's something we don't really support please make sure that you can
use dash-to-dock without uninstalling ubuntu-dock.

  [Original Bug]

  After an update from ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04 the dock is aviable on the
lockscreen after user login.
  I did not configure this knowingly. Also i can start every application which
is available on the dock.
  Settings, virtual box, visualstudio code and so on.

  After the update to 18.04 i just configure the screen frequency to
  144Hz and the night mode on. And attach the dock on bottom.

  I later undid these customizations back to configuration before, but
  the dock is stil aviable on lockscreen.

  Package: gnome-settings-daemon 3.28.1-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat May  5 18:30:16 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20180228)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-settings-daemon
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-05-01 (3 days ago)
  ---
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20180228)
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  Package: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock 0.9.1
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
  Tags:  bionic
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-20-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-05-01 (4 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True