Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: empathy (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  Empathy not registering providers set up using gnome-online-accounts

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:

  After setting up my Google account in System Settings -> Online
  Accounts, and checking that it's enabled for Chat, I started Empathy;
  on Fedora 16 the Google Talk account is automatically set up but on
  Ubuntu 11.10 no account is set up by default.

  The bizarre thing is, grabbing the matching source using 'apt-get
  source empathy' and checking the debian/rules file shows that empathy
  is compiled against libgoa-1.0-dev, but `apt-cache depends empathy |
  grep goa` shows nothing.

  Ubuntu release: 11.10

  Package versions:
  empathy 3.2.0.1-0ubuntu1.1
  libgoa-1.0-0 3.2.1-0ubuntu1

  Expected behavior:
  Google Talk accounts set up in Online Accounts are automatically picked up by
Empathy

  Actual behavior:
  No such account set up. I verified that goa-daemon *is* running:

  $ ps ux | grep goa | grep daemon
  michel    2173  0.0  0.6 324140 13748 ?        Sl   20:50   0:00
/usr/lib/gnome-online-accounts/goa-daemon