To clarify, I'm able to reproduce this both with Firefox playing back
the video in windowed mode and when Firefox plays the video back full
screen. As soon as I pause the video (in either mode), the artifact
vanishes, so it only occurs during video playback.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to firefox in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1812394

Title:
  Video playback faintly shows applications behind active browser window

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Ubuntu desktop 18.10, Mozilla Firefox 64.0

  To reproduce:
  1. Open any application (such as Nautilus file manager, or the terminal 
emulator)
  2. Open Firefox above this application
  3. Begin video playback (I've found that it's easier to notice this bug when 
the video is a dark gray or black. This video worked well: < 
https://youtu.be/jYFk1O_t43A >)

  What happens:
  In the region where the video is playing, you will faintly see the 
application(s) that are behind Firefox.

  What should happen:
  The video should completely obscure any applications that are not above the 
browser window.

  I cannot reliably reproduce this bug when the player is in full screen
  - i.e. it must be in theater mode or normal player.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1812394/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to