We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) reached end-of-life on May 9, 2013.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported in a
currently supported version of Ubuntu? Please let us know if you do and
in which version of Ubuntu otherwise this report can be left to expire
in approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: cheese (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cheese in Ubuntu.

  cheese crashed with SIGSEGV when webcam is already in use

Status in Cheese:
  Expired
Status in cheese package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: cheese

  Not much to say. I have recently (yesterday) upgraded from 9.10 to
  10.4 Beta 1. I just installed Cheese and it crashed after about 5
  seconds. The problem was that mplayer was open and the same time and
  "reading" the webcam ie I had run the command "mplayer /dev/v4l/by-id
  /usb-0402_USB2.0_Camera-video-index0" and that was still running while
  I tried opening cheese. Shutting down Mplayer fixed the problem and
  Cheese is working now.

  So the problems seems to be that Cheese throws a segfault when
  accessing a camera that is already in use.

  ProblemType: Crash
  Architecture: i386