Sorry, having already filed nine bugs about disco in the past 24 hours,
I now need to move on with my life and do my actual job as opposed to
spending more time dealing with the tire fire that disco appears to be
right now.

P.S. Even if you're right that Dropbox or some other third-party
extension is partially to blame for this issue, please keep in mind how
many people use Dropbox and are not going to care for "It's Dropbox's
fault" as an explanation when things don't work properly for them after
they install or upgrade to disco.

  Rubbish Bin icon on desktop doesn't work, then suddenly starts working

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Immediately after upgrading from cosmic to disco, double-clicking the
  "Rubbish Bin" icon on my desktop does nothing.

  I try many times, does nothing.

  I open a Nautilus window by clicking on the Nautilus icon in the
  sidebar, and select "Rubbish Bin" in that window, and I am able to
  view it just fine.

  Then I double-click the Rubbish Bin icon on the desktop again, and a
  window flashes quickly and then disappears.

  Then I click it again, and now it is magically working properly, i.e.,
  double-clicking opens a Nautilus window displaying the Rubbish Bin.

  A couple minutes later I try again, and it's not working again.

  Etc.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.30.5-1ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Jan 21 15:48:31 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to disco on 2019-01-21 (0 days ago)