I confirm that this bug occurs when virtualbox app is on the dock!
I use the last version of virtual box 6.0

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  Dock focus bug with Virtualbox

Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:

  There is a graphical bug with Dock/virtualbox when other apps like Chrome are
displayed on full screen.
  Virtualbox icon on dock continuously switch between 1 or 2 windows (even if
No VM is launched) , resulting in modification of icons/dock size....
  this disappear if I reduce the Chrome window
  See screen capture to have an idea of the visual output.

  Ubuntu 18.10 x64