I do think I have seen it recently, but can't tell for sure.

  dotted rectangles remain drawn in window after copying a bunch of
  files

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  I copyed a bunch of files from a Nautilus window into another by
  Ctrl+dragging and dropping them. Both windows were set with icons
  visualization, so when I (ctrl)dragged and dropped the icons, dotted
  rectangles were drawn and dragged, as expected.

  However, after dropping the files, which were succesfully copied, the
  dotted rectangles should have disappeared, but they remained, as if
  printed on the destination window. Neither by moving, nor by
  minimizing and remaximizing the window, could I get rid of the
  spurious dotted rectangles. Even while navigating to other folders,
  the dotted rectangles stay there. Even after resizing the window.
  Despite the contents of the window being redrawn and updated, the
  dotted rectangles are still there, and they move around while I move
  around the window, as if they were part of its contents.

  The only way to have them disappear is to completely close the window.

  Obviously this is not systematically reproducible.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu16
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-35.50-generic 3.8.13.13
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-35-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu8.5
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Feb  6 18:15:28 2014
  GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'geometry'
b"'1059x698+434+254'"
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Release amd64 (20130424)
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: nautilus