The current version moved that item under "other locations"

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Not able to hide "Network" section.

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Description = In my case at least (and probably in a majority) I have
  the only Ubuntu machine on a small home network populated by other
  Window machines. I have no use for this "Network" section (especially
  since I can't access Windows based domains anyway through it) so I'd
  like to hide it. If anything, for purely asthetic reasons. I have
  searched at least 2-3 hours and have found NO way to disable or hide
  this section unfortuntely...A code change will be required to be able
  enable being able to hide/collapse it.

  Steps to Reproduce:

  1) Open a new instance of Nautilus

  2) Observe the "Network" subsection at the bottom

  3) Attempt to hide/collapse it as the majority of regular users don't
  use it anyway

  Expected Result = Should be able to hide the Network subsection or at least
collapse it (by right clicking > hide for example).

  Severity = UI related only.

  Environment = Release 12.04 (precise) 64-bit + Kernel Linux
  3.13.0-45-generic + Nautilus 3.4.2