Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. Please execute the following command only once, as it
will automatically gather debugging information, in a terminal:

apport-collect 1813304

When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-
bug' and the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this
functionality at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1813304

Title:
  keyboard layout doesn't properly change on login screen

Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I was using 16.04 with Dvorak and US-Qwerty keyboard layouts and was
  able to utilize both on the login screen.  My default layout was
  Dvorak (defined in /etc/default/keyboard).

  When I upgraded to 18.04 the login became Dvorak only, but after some
  searching I found the appropriate setting to add more keyboard layouts
  to the login screen.  I changed it by adding US-Qwerty as the default
  and Dvorak as the second option.

  When I try to use the login screen, the default layout is Qwerty and
  there's a "en1" icon at the top right that allows me to select a
  different keyboard layout.  However, when I change it to Dvorak it
  appears to do nothing because it only accepts my password if I assume
  the layout is Qwerty.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1813304/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to