OK. I will mark this as a duplicate of bug 1769383 until proven
otherwise.

   Ubuntu dock/launcher is shown on the lock screen

  Screen unlocked after resume, black flickering

  I have been experiencing an issue only since a week or so, which I have
reportedly also heard from a colleague of mine (2018 Dell XPS 13) since much
longer.
  My hardware is a Lenovo Thinkpad L480 with i5-8250u.

  When using stock ubuntu 18.04.1, sometimes and sporadically (1 out of
  3 or so) after resuming from suspend, the screen would not be locked
  and flicker, switching between a fully black screen and the previously
  (before going to standby) displayed content, which I regard as a
  security issue. The GUI is not responsive, however I can workaround
  using ctrl-alt-F1 and login using my password to "semi"-restore
  functionality. The flickering is then gone, but e.g. the dock doesn't
  respond correctly and my notifications are missing, until I restart
  gnome-shell. This then leaves me with a fully functional system again,
  which is why I have not regarded my issue the same as other bug
  reports, which report a system freeze.

  I have tried using gnome-session instead of ubuntu-session for the
  past day as of writing this report and have NOT yet experienced the
  issue again, so I assume it has something to do with ubuntu's theme or
  alike.

  Please provide information which log files could be helpful and I am going to
try and reproduce the issue on ubuntu-session.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  Package: gnome-shell 3.28.3-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  bionic
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True