Thank you for your bug report, what are the performances if you use "cp"
from the command line and if you use "gio copy"? Those are probably
closer things to compare nautilus to than rsync/dd which don't have the
same purpose

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  cifs - poor upload speed with nautilus compared to rsync

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  I'm mounting folders from my NAS on my computer (Ubuntu 18.04) with
  cifs. Copying an 8 GB file...

  Upload (local -> mounted)
  - Nautilus/Nemo -> 6 MB/s
  - rsync -> 50-60 MB/s

  Download performance is also strange, but not my biggest concern.
  Download (mounted -> local)
  - Nautilus/Nemo -> 90 MB/s
  - rsync -> 50-60 MB/s

  rsync command (upload):
  rsync --progress /home/me/file.iso /mnt/cifs_media/

  fstab entry:
  //nas/media /mnt/cifs_media cifs
vers=3.0,uid=me,gid=me,credentials=/home/me/.smbcredentials,dir_mode=0700,file_mode=0700
 0 0

  Any idea, why Nautilus is uploading up to 10 times more slowly than
  rsync, although both using the same cifs, os, hardware, network etc.?

  PS: Further info for bug report
  1) The release of Ubuntu: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
  2) The version of the package: Nautilus 3.26.3
  3) What you expected to happen: At least same speed as with using rsync
  4) What happened instead: See above