Public bug reported:

Hello,

When our servers boot, We can't login because of spurious “enter”.

We have this problem on virtual and physical machines since:

* kernel linux-image-4.15.0-44-generic on bionic
* kernel linux-image-4.4.0-142-generic on xenial

To reproduce:

1. start an ubuntu server with the specific kernel
2. install GPM
3. on a console
   1. type the user name “root”
   2. hit “enter”
   3. wait few seconds => spurious “Enter” are send to the console
4. Stop gpm.service
5. retry to login on a console => no problem

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        18.04
Codename:       bionic

** Affects: gpm (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bionic xenial

Packages, which is subscribed to gpm in Ubuntu.

  gpm prevents loging to the console: spurious “Enter” events seems
  inserted

Status in gpm package in Ubuntu: