Same problem on Arch
Kernel 4.20.6-arch1-1-ARCH
xorg-server 1.20.3-1
KDE Plasma: 5.14.5
Qt: 5.12.1
KDE Frameworks: 5.54.0
64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70GHz
with integrated graphics on HP EliteBook 2560p

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  "libinput bug: timer offset negative" keeps coming up in syslog

Status in libinput:
  Invalid
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
Status in libinput package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  I have just recently looked in my syslog and discovered that the
  following message shows up a lot daily so I thought I should report
  it:

  /usr/lib/gdm3/gdm-x-session[1707]: (EE) libinput bug: timer offset
  negative

  Package: libinput10 1.2.3-1ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Wed Jun  1 18:39:08 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 15.10 "Wily Werewolf" - Release amd64
(20151021)
  SourcePackage: libinput
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-05-28 (4 days ago)