Hi,

No, I do not have the issue anymore. Have been using Debian Stable for
the last couple of years.

  Nautilus uses a lot of heap memory coping large amounts of data

Status in Nautilus:
  New
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: nautilus

  While copying a lot of data (>250GB), Nautilus uses up a lot of
  memory. This memory is not given back to the system at any time.
  Depending on the amount of copying Nautilus uses from 800MB up to 3GB.

  Now using Ubuntu alpha 6 with Gnome 2.28, but this problemed also
  showed on my old install (Arch Linux Gnome 2.26)

  I attached a printscreen of the memory in the .png. Memory in use that
  time: 2.4GB. Amount of data copied (not cutted) was about 750GB.