*** Bug 802934 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

  Handle tabs like other gnome apps

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Fix Released
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox-3.0

  I have noticed that dragging tabs in Firefox does not work like in
  other gnome apps.

  Basically, you can drag tabs along the tab bar to change their order,
  like in so many gnome apps. But you can also drag them up and down: if
  you accidentally drag them up and drop them on the bookmark bar, you
  add a bookmark for it. and if you accidentally drag it down to the
  browser area, you load that page again.

  As you can see in the attached screenshot, the "good" area is quite
  small compared to the "bad" areas, so it's actually very easy to miss
  and drop the tab on a wrong place, and perform an action you didn't
  want. I propose that tabs in Firefox should behave just like gnome
  apps, and be able to move only left or right.

  If you don't agree because you like being able to easily adding a
  bookmark or loading a page, think that the same exact effect can be
  achieved by dragging the favicon instead of the tab.