** Description changed:

  Basically I installed ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS on an old machine (on a blank
  SSD), and when I just when had finished the configuration installing
  just a few apps, I thought I had seen the admin's user password during
  Power Off (in the boot text screen that blinks) - as it's an old
  computer I could see this text blinking.

  I didn't even use this machine.

  After some tests, I found out that after performing these steps:
   - turning the machine on, logging into admin user
   - logging off the admin user
   - logging in a non admin user
   - logging off the non admin user
   - logging in back to the admin user

  By running `sudo cat /dev/tty1` I could see everything which was typed
  in the login screen. And that is the content that appears during the
  power off text screen.

  For more info, please see https://askubuntu.com/questions/1114802

  The steps I can remember while setting up this machine were:
   - changing region to Portuguese (brazil) and configuring keyboard
   - installing Gweled, Pitivi, VLC, Spotify and SuperTuxKart through 'Ubuntu
Software'
   - installing Google Chrome and Skype by downloading their deb packages from
the official websites
   - uninstalled Thunderbird
   - updated everything

  As you can see in the AskUbuntu question, I tried to simulate this by
  repeating these steps in a virtual machine, but was not able to
  reproduce it. One difference is that this is a HP Pavilion old laptop
  with all sorts of things on it, so many drivers may be needed which will
  not be present in the VM. I booted with 4.15.0-29-generic and it behaved
  the same. However, during the session booting with the 4.15.0.29
  recovery mode, I could not detect that sympton!

- I'll keep this machine for a few days, but then I'll reinstall
- everything, if it persists, I'll update here.
+ Running:
+
+ sudo lsof /dev/tty1
+
+ prints two processes, systemd-l and gdm-wayla.
+
+ I installed again the same OS on a different machine and got all the
+ updates installed - no external app installed this time. And I was able
+ to reproduce the issue. I don't know why it doesn't happen in the VM,
+ but it did happen on two different machines (on blank SSDs).

  ```
  uname -a
  Linux spider 4.15.0-45-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 29 16:28:13 UTC 2019
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  ```

  Package: gnome-screensaver (not installed)
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Feb  2 13:38:45 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  SourcePackage: gnome-screensaver
  Symptom: security
  Title: Screen locking issue

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  After switching users, I can see the passwords in /dev/tty1

Status in gnome-screensaver package in Ubuntu: