[Expired for pulseaudio (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Applications are muted (silent) but system sounds work

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  How to reproduce this bug:

  * Connect a laptop to a dock, which is connected to a screen with an HDMI /
DisplayPort cable.
  * Then configure the sound to exit through the cable connecting the screen.
  * Turn off the computer
  * Take it out of the dock
  * Turn on the computer

  Then, the sound automatically switches to the audio output of the
  laptop. System sounds work well, such as the bell of output volume
  slider or the test speaker buttons “front left” or “front right”.
  Unfortunately, no more applications can produce a sound.

  Graphically, applications react normally, we can see their connections
  with pulse audio in the applications tab of the sound settings. But no
  sound comes out of the speakers.

  Workaround :
  * Connect an alternative audio output, such as a Bluetooth headset
  * Select it in the “Choose a device for sound output:” option
  * Switch back to the internal audio speakers
  * Et voilà !

  If it help, my laptop is a “HP Zbook G2” sometime connected to a “HP
  2012 230W Docking Station”

  Thank you for your attention.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.28.1-0ubuntu1
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME