[Expired for gnome-control-center (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  gnome-control-center occasionally fails to launch after multiple tries

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Release: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
  Package Version: 1:3.28.2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
  Expected Behavior: Program should always launch upon request.
  Problematic Behavior: Attempting to launch this program causes the shell to
display the loading indicator for an unusual amount of time, only to never
display the program.

  it never opens and never displays any output. Passing the verbose (-v)
  option with the program has the same result. When I launch it through
  the GUI, the shell displays the spinning circle (loading indicator)
  for an absurd amount of time. The program still does not open. This is
  a fresh install, so I restarted my computer. When launched again, the
  program opened and operated normally. However, upon closing the
  program and opening it again, it does not open up. Task management
  tools only show the process for a brief 3-5 seconds after requesting
  it to open and then it disappears. To my knowledge, this bug does not
  affect any other programs.

  Workaround:
  Entering the command
   killall gnome-control-center
  allows it to open again upon next launches.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.28.2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: communitheme:ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Aug 19 18:17:37 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>