** Changed in: df-libreoffice

  [upstream] EDITING: Background Color button from Table toolbar should
  change cell background instead of paragraph background

Status in LibreOffice:
  Fix Released
Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  Steps to reproduce:
     1. Launch LibreOffice Writer
     2. Insert table to the new document (Table -> Insert -> Table)
     3. Write some multirow text in table cells
     4. Try to change cell background:
        4.1. place cursor on desired cell
        4.2. select color from palette from "Background Color" drop-down
(located on Table toolbar).
        4.3. click "Background Color" button on Table toolbar.

  Expected results:
     background color of TABLE CELL (where cursor was) is changed to desired
color.

  Actual results:
     background color of TEXT PARAGRAPH (where cursor was) is changed to
desired color.

  Workaround:
     There is slow non-intuitive background - select whole cell, select color
from palette from "Background Color" drop-down (located on Table toolbar),
click "Background Color" button on Table toolbar.

  Affected versions:
     LibreOffice 3.5.7.2  Build ID: 350m1(Build:2) = pre-installed Ubuntu
12.04.5 LTS version;
     LibreOffice 4.2.7.2  Build ID: 420m0(Build:2) = pre-installed Ubuntu
14.04.2 LTS version;
     LibreOffice 4.4.2.2  Build ID: 40m0(Build:2) = pre-installed Ubuntu 15.04
version.

  Comment:
     I can't believe how this bug is possible. It is inherited from OO.org (I
saw it on OO.org 3.2 in Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS too).
     Microsoft Word 2003 and 2007 of course have normal behaviour with cell
background.
     I attached pdf document with screenshots.

  Package: libreoffice 1:3.5.7-0ubuntu8
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-61.100~precise1-generic 3.13.11-ckt22
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-61-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.9
  Architecture: amd64