Public bug reported:

Hi

Ubuntu 18.04 went into standby mode with the mouse plugged in.
Then I've removed the mouse.

A few hours later I wanted to continue work (without mouse) and woke up my PC
from standby mode.
Unfortunately the touchpad did not work.

So I put Ubuntu back into standby mode, plugged in a mouse and woke it up again.
Both Touchpad and mouse worked perfectly again.

Regards,

Ettore Atalan

** Affects: libinput (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "syslog"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1815957/+attachment/5238744/+files/syslog

Packages, which is subscribed to libinput in Ubuntu.

  SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: Read error 19

Status in libinput package in Ubuntu: