Simple reproducer in a freshly booted system:

 - open Ubuntu Software Center
 - click on some random package
 - close the window
 - open Ubuntu Software Center
 - attempt to use the back button ("<") in the upper-left corner of the window

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  software center stuck on Chrome package dialog

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

  I am running Ubuntu 18.10 with Wayland in a fresh VM. I configured the
  VM to use Wayland, downloaded Google Chrome from
  https://google.com/chrome, installed Chrome by opening the package
  with Ubuntu Software Center and pressing the install button, and
  closed Ubuntu Software Center. Now, when I open Ubuntu Software Center
  again, I see a dialog with title "google-chrome-stable" (the package
  name) and some information about the package. The dialog has something
  that looks like a "back" button in the top-left corner, but clicking
  it does nothing.

  Package: gnome-software 3.30.2-0ubuntu5
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Feb 16 22:35:53 2019
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-software
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  InstalledPlugins:
   gnome-software-plugin-flatpak N/A
   gnome-software-plugin-limba   N/A
   gnome-software-plugin-snap    3.30.2-0ubuntu5
  SourcePackage: gnome-software