I'm not sure whether my bug is the same one or even related in its underlying
cause.  A program that I've helped write is exhibiting a constant failure to
respond to mouse clicks in one subwindow that is implemented by an embedded
mozilla browser window inside a Mono C# program.  Keyboard input to that window
works fine, but mouse clicks on a button are ignored.  This appears to be
related to the main form and controls down to the one hosting the mozilla
browser all receiving WM_KILLFOCUS messages shortly after receiving WM_FOCUS
messages when first clicking inside the window.  Other desktop environments /
window managers do not have this behavior in either ignoring the mouse clicks
or receiving the spurious looking WM_KILLFOCUS messages.  (For example, Unity,
Cinnamon, XFCE, LXDE, and MATE all work fine.  Unfortunately, none of them are
the default for Ubuntu 18.04 which is what many of our users are upgrading to.)
The program can be found at https://github.com/BloomBooks/BloomDesktop for what
it's worth.  I know it's an unusual mix of C#, TypeScript, Pug, Less, etc. but
it works fairly well under Ubuntu 16.04 with Unity or Cinnamon and under Ubuntu
18.04 with Cinnamon.  It's quite frustrating for it to have this bizarre bug
under the default desktop environment for Ubuntu 18.04.

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  gnome-shell randomly blocks mouse clicks from working in app windows

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  Under GNOME 3, the use of the mouse-click stops occasionally, though I
  can still move the mouse around and can still click on items in the
  Activities screen and the top-bar.

  I can use alt-tab to cycle windows and can still type into already-
  active textboxes in windows, but I cannot click within the windows,
  and the mouse is not picked up at all by the windows.

  I can open the alt-f2 "run command" dialogue, but cannot type into it.

  The workaround I'm using is to open terminal (ctrl-alt-T) and run
  "gnome-shell -r", and restarting that command every time I have the
  problem again.

  Please ask if there's anything I forgot to mention.

  ADDITIONAL: The error tends to happen randomly, but it seems to happen
  upon opening a new window, changing windows, closing windows, or
  opening the activities pane (whether a change of window is thus
  instigated or not)

  ADDITIONAL 2: (sorry, it's early) The other workaround is to log out
  and to log in again, but that is also less than ideal

  Package: gnome-shell 3.6.3.1-0ubuntu6
  Date: Sun May 19 07:02:18 2013
  DisplayManager: gdm
  GsettingsChanges:
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'clock-show-date' b'true'
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'clock-show-seconds' b'true'
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'document-font-name' b"'Sans 10'"
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'font-name' b"'Cantarell 10'"
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'monospace-font-name' b"'Ubuntu Mono 12'"
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Release amd64
(20130424)
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en