Tentative request for auto-connection: https://forum.snapcraft.io/t
/auto-connecting-the-u2f-devices-interface-for-the-chromium-snap/10052

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [snap] U2F doesn't work with yubikey

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  (initially reported by Daniel at https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/call-
  for-testing-chromium-62-0-3202-62/2569/50)

    « U2F (Universal 2nd Factor) isn’t working when signing into my
  gmail account trying to use my yubikey. This is a USB device which
  IIRC chromium needs bidirectional communication with. »

  This requires investigation, but the yubikey I have is too old and
  doesn't support U2F.