udippel@Uwe-ThinkPad-Helix-2nd:~$ grep . /sys/class/drm/*/enabled
/sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/enabled:enabled
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/enabled:disabled
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/enabled:disabled
udippel@Uwe-ThinkPad-Helix-2nd:~$ grep . /sys/class/drm/*/status
/sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/status:connected
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status:disconnected
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/status:disconnected
udippel@Uwe-ThinkPad-Helix-2nd:~$ grep . /sys/class/drm/*/dpms
/sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/dpms:On
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/dpms:Off
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/dpms:Off
udippel@Uwe-ThinkPad-Helix-2nd:~$ grep . /sys/class/drm/*/enabled
/sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/enabled:enabled
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/enabled:disabled
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/enabled:disabled
udippel@Uwe-ThinkPad-Helix-2nd:~$ grep . /sys/class/drm/*/status
/sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/status:connected
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status:disconnected
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/status:disconnected
udippel@Uwe-ThinkPad-Helix-2nd:~$ grep . /sys/class/drm/*/dpms
/sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/dpms:On
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/dpms:Off
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/dpms:Off
udippel@Uwe-ThinkPad-Helix-2nd:~$ grep . /sys/class/drm/*/enabled
/sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/enabled:enabled
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/enabled:disabled
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/enabled:disabled
udippel@Uwe-ThinkPad-Helix-2nd:~$ grep . /sys/class/drm/*/status
/sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/status:connected
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status:disconnected
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/status:disconnected
udippel@Uwe-ThinkPad-Helix-2nd:~$ grep . /sys/class/drm/*/dpms
/sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/dpms:On
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/dpms:Off
/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/dpms:Off

Seriously boring, I agree. Why thrice?
Also on Windows 10 Pro it is far from flawless. When started with the tablet in 
the dock, the second monitor isn't recognized either. But when taken off and 
put back or when the power supply to the dock removed and put back, the second 
monitor *is* recognized and the display switches over. Therefore the three runs 
as above: started and plugged in, removed (just running as tablet) and put back 
on the top. It doesn't seem to see anything different. 

I don't know if this helps, yet another bug: when in the dock, Windows 10 does 
a reboot. When in the dock, Kubuntu 18.04 doesn't. It shows the grub menu, it 
accepts keyboard input (through the Logitech receiver in the dock), it 
momentarily starts up X, and then the mouse cursor remains on the screen, and I 
can move this cursor around with the Logitech touchpad. It stays in this state 
however, until I switch it off. I have tried a good number of keys in this 
state to get it to do something, like showing the 'kubuntu' or the login 
screen, but it wouldn't. 
So I guess that starting X, it *does* see something that makes it confused. It 
doesn't crash, it accepts mouse commands, but just sits there.
I do hope this is somewhat clear? It does mean, to start it in kubuntu-mode, I 
have to take it out of the dock in all cases, and once up, I can put it back.

Curious ... !

Uwe

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1816860

Title:
  Second display does not show up on dock of Lenovo Helix 2

Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  To me a deal-breaker: I bought the Helix 2 as machine on the dock, and I also 
bought the one out of the three docks that doesn't need extra driver (so it 
says), the 4X10H04503. I stuck the tablet into it, with Windows, and the second 
display came up without any additional driver. 
  With kubuntu 18.04 I can't make it appear. xrandr doesn't show it. 
  Now I wonder, where else it might pop up? I mean, the dock works, I ran a 
unified Logitech receiver on it, and from the first second mouse and keyboard 
are available to my *buntu installation, of course the grub menu. 

  I am quite disheartened, since I don't feel like going back to Windows after 
some 20 years on *nix. 
  I am willing to help out as much as my very limited abilities allow me to. 
  I can't believe that a dock which actually supplies power and keyboard and 
mouse data does not supply any information about the second monitor?
  --- 
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  BootLog: Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/log/boot.log'
  CompositorRunning: None
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  DistUpgraded: Fresh install
  DistroCodename: bionic
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  DistroVariant: ubuntu
  ExtraDebuggingInterest: I just need to know a workaround
  GraphicsCard:
   Intel Corporation HD Graphics 5300 [8086:161e] (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA 
controller])
     Subsystem: Lenovo HD Graphics 5300 [17aa:222b]
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-02-16 (4 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 
(20180725)
  MachineType: LENOVO 20CHS10P02
  Package: xorg-server (not installed)
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.15.0-45-generic 
root=UUID=0f5d3b8a-5cae-45cb-a42d-b89344359b2f ro quiet splash vt.handoff=1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-45.48-generic 4.15.18
  Tags:  bionic ubuntu
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-45-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 10/31/2018
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: N17ETA2W (2.02 )
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Not Available
  dmi.board.name: 20CHS10P02
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: SDK0E50510 WIN
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
  dmi.chassis.type: 11
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: None
  dmi.modalias: 
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvrN17ETA2W(2.02):bd10/31/2018:svnLENOVO:pn20CHS10P02:pvrThinkPadHelix2nd:rvnLENOVO:rn20CHS10P02:rvrSDK0E50510WIN:cvnLENOVO:ct11:cvrNone:
  dmi.product.family: ThinkPad Helix 2nd
  dmi.product.name: 20CHS10P02
  dmi.product.version: ThinkPad Helix 2nd
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO
  version.compiz: compiz N/A
  version.libdrm2: libdrm2 2.4.95-1~18.04.1
  version.libgl1-mesa-dri: libgl1-mesa-dri 18.2.2-0ubuntu1~18.04.2
  version.libgl1-mesa-glx: libgl1-mesa-glx 18.2.2-0ubuntu1~18.04.2
  version.xserver-xorg-core: xserver-xorg-core 2:1.19.6-1ubuntu4.2
  version.xserver-xorg-input-evdev: xserver-xorg-input-evdev N/A
  version.xserver-xorg-video-ati: xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:18.0.1-1
  version.xserver-xorg-video-intel: xserver-xorg-video-intel 
2:2.99.917+git20171229-1
  version.xserver-xorg-video-nouveau: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau 1:1.0.15-2

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1816860/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to