Daniel, how do I know which of the three deb-files

gnome-shell-common_3.28.3+git20190124-0ubuntu18.04.1_all.deb (179.2 KiB)
gnome-shell-dbgsym_3.28.3+git20190124-0ubuntu18.04.1_amd64.ddeb (1.1 MiB)
gnome-shell_3.28.3+git20190124-0ubuntu18.04.1_amd64.deb (650.2 KiB)

from that page I should install?

I tried to install the first one and it completely messed up my log in
procedure with the error "failed to start session" showing up at log in.
I spent half a day fixing that.

  Network icons in status menu disappearing

  Invalid
Status in gnome-shell source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-shell source package in Cosmic:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-shell source package in Disco:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/140

  ---

  Ever since the update to Ubuntu 18.04 I'm having issues with the
  status menu at the top right of the screen.

  Normally you'd have a wired network connection icon displayed at the top
without opening the menu. In my case it is not displayed half of the time. In
the menu list no icon nor label is displayed for the wired connection menu item.
  When talking about half of the time it means that I can randomly make it
display again when removing the USB network adapter and reconnecting it e.g.
  This does not work reliably though.

  When connecting to a VPN, normally you'd get an additional icon at the
  top. This is not the case any more, nor does the switch behind an
  activated VPN turns change to an active state. The result is that you
  can activate a VPN using the switch, but you can verify that it is
  activated, nor can you de-active the VPN through the menu. This does
  change in settings though.

  Wireless settings are no longer displayed in the menu at all. So no
  way to activate it or connect to a specific network.

  I tried reconfiguring (dpkg-reconfigure) gnome-shell as well as
  network-manager-gnome, to no avail.

  Attached you'll find a screenshot illustrating the issue. You'll see
  two icons missing to the left of the volume icon, as well as the
  wireless menu missing completely and no icon and text label for the
  wired connection menu item.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.28.1-0ubuntu2
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.1
  Architecture: amd64