Thank you for your bug report, the change was reverted from the ubuntu-
settings overide and done in imagemagick itself, that has been removed
in disco with the rtaional that imagemagick is not installed by default

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/imagemagick/8:6.9.10.14+dfsg-
7ubuntu1

'  * Dropped changes:
    - Stop installing the Debian-specific .desktop for the display program.
      + 'imagemagick' is no longer installed by default for default Ubuntu
        so let's try dropping this change for now.'

You can probably install it, but maybe that should be done automatically
on upgrade...

** Package changed: ubuntu-settings (Ubuntu) => imagemagick (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: imagemagick (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: imagemagick (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-settings in Ubuntu.

  Drop imagemagick-display from the default install  [disco regression]

Status in imagemagick package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  This is actually a regression in Disco from Artful, Bionic and Cosmic,
  where this was fixed in https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1717951

  I tested this in the "Ubuntu", "Ubuntu on Wayland" and "GNOME" session and
the bug is visible in all three instances.

  Since the update to Disco the rather unprofessional ImageMagick icon
  is back. It was removed in Artful, Bionic and Cosmic for the following
  reasons, perfectly summed up by Jeremy Bicha (a copy and paste from
  Bug #171951):

  Impact
  ======
  I'm proposing to drop the ImageMagick app from the default Ubuntu 17.10.

  It is visible in the Show Applications view of the Activities Overview
  so this could impact screenshots.

  Justification
  =============
  imagemagick is a collection of commandline utilities for working with images,
photos, etc. It is a required dependency for many things and will still be
installed by default.

  Bundled with imagemagick is the "display" app, which is an app with an
  unusual, difficult-to-use UI. It was not intentionally included in the
  default Ubuntu install but was only there because it was packaged
  together.

  I am proposing splitting the display app to a separate binary package
  so that it is available for install for the few who do want to use the
  app.

  I tried proposing this to Debian. See comment #60 on the attached
  Debian bug but the Debian maintainer doesn't seem interested in
  accepting my proposal any time soon. (I emailed him directly a few
  months ago too.)