Sorry, forgot to mention I'm on

```
workstation:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        18.04
Codename:       bionic
```

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Headset volume control doesn't change headset volume

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I use Kubuntu Hardy and have a Plantronics USB headset that has its
  own volume and mute controls.

  When using its volume controls, they affect the master volume only and
  have no effect on the headset volume.  I can only alter the headset
  volume by going into kmix and selecting the appropriate device and
  altering its PCM volume.

  The master volume setting should affect the headset volume too.