Please test xserver from ppa:canonical-x/x-staging

It has a patch where the server should fall back to using fb instead of
crashing. You need to uninstall x-x-v-intel and then log out and back
in, before seeing if it works or not.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  intel video driver not installed by default in ubuntu 19.04 (Disco)

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  I am running intel core2duo cpu and ubuntu 18.10 is running fine. I installed
GRML , copied Ubuntu 19.04 iso to the grml folder in boot directory and then
updated grub. Restarted the computer and on booting the ISO no login screen
appeared. However,after pressing alt + ctrl + F2, logging in at command
prompt,updating apt and installing "xserver-xorg-video-intel, lightdm, and
unity" I was able to get to the desktop by running the command 'sudo service
lightdm start'.  Command 'startx and X" gave xorg error saying server could not
be connected. Command "sudo service gdm(3) start' went back to command prompt
($).
   This was also observed in Kubuntu and Xubuntu. In Xubuntu after installing
intel video driver and running startx command i was able to get to the desktop.
  Whether, "xserver-xorg-video-intel" package is not being installed by default
in ubuntu or support for "intel core2duo processor" has been withdrawn.