Good news, thanks James.

Though Asia/Beijing is alias to Asia/Shanghai in tech, My suggestion is
replace the comment to "China Standard Time"

Packages, which is subscribed to libgweather in Ubuntu.

  no Asia/BeiJing option in TimeZone

Status in The Date and Time Indicator:
  Invalid
Status in “libgweather” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “system-tools-backends” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “tzdata” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  there is no the Asia/BeiJing option in the selection of Time Zone in
  Time Zone. for i'm from P.R.China and BeiJing is our capital city, we
  are always using BeiJing time zone. please fix it. thank you very
  much.