Is there any updates on this bug?  Anything you need me to collect?

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  gnome-software from xps 13 9365 with Dell-oem running Ubuntu 16.04
  segfaults

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

  installing Dell Oem.
  Running update/upgrade
  sudo -s
  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

  Then running gnome-software results in the GUI loading but after 10
  seconds it crashes and you see a segfault.

  I tried information in +Bug/1798236 but U16 does not have a later
  version of gnome-software.  I also saw a bug similar that mentioned we
  need packagekit 1.12 but U16 doesn't bundle that only U19 does.  I
  tried download a package for testing purposes but it does not resolve
  the issue.  I saw another case within our Dell database that suggests
  appstream might cause the crash so I removed appstream and did and
  update/upgrade again.  It stopped the crash initially but not on
  reboot.  I also added the gnome3 repository in hopes I could get the
  updates that way and that did not help either.

  It is unclear what is needed to resolve this issue.  Please let me
  know what logs you need me to provide to look into this further.

  Package: gnome-software 3.20.5-0ubuntu0.16.04.11
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-47.50~16.04.1-generic 4.15.18
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-47-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.18
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Thu Mar 21 19:11:27 2019
  DistributionChannelDescriptor:
   # This is a distribution channel descriptor
   # For more information see
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributionChannelDescriptor
   canonical-oem-somerville-xenial-amd64-rebase-20170712-0
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" - Build amd64 LIVE Binary
20170712-02:34
  SourcePackage: gnome-software