[Expired for nautilus (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Nautilus Does Not Pass Logged in User Credentials to SAMBA Public
  Share

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I've got a server running Ubuntu 13.04/SAMBA 3.6.9 that exposes a
  number of private and public shared folders. The server and client
  both have a user account with the username jfritz.

  When I try to mount a public share from my Ubuntu 13.04 laptop by
  clicking on it in the file explorer (nautilus), the share is mounted
  with guest permissions and I cannot write to the folder, but I can
  read all of the files.

  However, if I manually mount the share from the terminal with the command
mount -t cifs -o username=jfritz,password=mypassword //server.ip/sharename
/localfolder
  I get the read/write permissions of jfritz, as expected.

  Further, if I mount the share with smbclient //server.ip/sharename
  -Ujfritz, I get the read/write permissions of jfritz, as expected.

  Finally, Windows machines that are logged in to an account with the
  same username and password as jfritz also pass the correct
  credentials, and are able to mount the share with read/write
  privileges.

  tl;dr: Ubuntu 13.04 does not correctly pass the currently logged in
  user's credentials to a SAMBA server when mounting shares via the file
  explorer.

  A copy of my smb.conf can be found at
  http://paste.ubuntu.com/6055511/, although I don't suspect that this
  is a SAMBA issue, as it works as expected with all non-nautilus
  clients.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu16
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-29.42-generic 3.8.13.5
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-29-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu8.3
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Sep  2 14:10:39 2013
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/nautilus
  GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'geometry'
b"'800x550+565+65'"
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Release amd64 (20130424)
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_CA:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)