** Tags added: cursor

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Spinning mouse cursor is invisible when zoom is enabled

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  I have enabled the zoom accessibility feature in GNOME Settings in
  Ubuntu 18.04.2, but the mouse  cursor will be missing every time the
  mouse cursor changes to the spinning one (e.g. when the application is
  doing some tasks in the background or when the application is not
  responding). Mouse cursor will be visible again when the cursor
  changes back to the normal mouse pointer. This happens in both Ubuntu
  (Ambiance-themed) session and the communitheme session. With regard to
  the display server, It happens in X.Org, but in Wayland, the spinning
  cursor is visible but is not spinning. (It stays still)

  Please note that this bug is not related to the bug
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1767648 and the
  proposed update for that bug as this newly-reported bug happens both
  before and after I install the update. Another observation is that the
  bug may be specific to Ubuntu as I previously installed Arch Linux and
  didn't notice this issue.

  Steps to reproduce.
  1. Go to Settings > Universal Access > Zoom and enable it.
  2. Do something that would normally change mouse cursor to the spinning one.
(e.g. open Synaptic Package Manager)
  3. When the package list is loading, instead of seeing a spinning cursor, the
mouse cursor becomes invisible.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.28.3-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: communitheme:ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Feb 26 00:58:52 2019
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  GsettingsChanges:
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'gtk-im-module' b"'gtk-im-context-simple'"
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'cursor-size' b'48'
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell