Sounds a little like bug 1769383, but you would have the fix for that
already.

Please try uninstalling all gnome-shell extensions, since we find third
party extensions tend to cause the majority of such gnome-shell bugs.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Screen lock doesn't lock Launcher (left-sidebar) and Status Menus
  (Indicators)

  After I lock the screen with SUPER+L I can still see the (left-
  sidebar) and Status Menus (Indicators) and click items. One of the
  indicators is the Clipboard indicator and it shows me the clipboard
  items... not good. I can also start or quit running apps from the
  Launcher. One suspicion I have is the "Keep Awake!" gnome extension I
  have. See screenshot attached.

  Also, sometimes (after many locks and unlocks) it get's messier -
  SUPER+L doesn't lock immediately but gets the desktop in some stuck
  mode, and I need to click a sort of PAUSE (II) button that appears
  (usually not there) on the little menu in the top right when I click
  the small down arrow. This will complete the locking, sometimes, and
  the laptop goes into some weird sleep mode, where the only option to
  wake it up is the power button. Then it starts in a split-second.