Yes, they are very similar. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1825004
Title: Ubuntu loses display settings on reboot, corrupts displays Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu: New Status in mutter package in Ubuntu: New Bug description: I have two displays, one on display port, and one on VGA. The display port display is a Seiki Pro 40" display in landscape at 3840x2160. The VGA is an HP 24" display in portrait at 1920x1200. If I boot with either display by itself, everything works fine. If I plug in the other display and configure it to run multidisplay, everything is fine. When I reboot, the display settings are changed from "Join Displays" to "Mirror", the 40" is set to 1920x1200 landscape (which it cannot actually do), and the 24" is set to 1920x1200 landscape. The 24" is also set to primary (whereas I selected the 40" as primary before rebooting.) The 40" display is messed up with overdraw, etc. In addition, I can no longer select 3840x2160 for the 40". If I turn of the 40" and turn it on again, eventually the settings box will let me select 3840x2160. Once I select it, the screen flashes but does not come back to 3840x2160. (ie., it is still corrupted with overdraw and presumably running at 1920x1200.). If I toggle the display power several times, it will eventually come back running at the correct resolution. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.10 Package: gnome-shell 3.30.2-0ubuntu1.18.10.1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.18.0-17.18-generic 4.18.20 Uname: Linux 4.18.0-17-generic x86_64 NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13.2 Architecture: amd64 CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME Date: Tue Apr 16 10:58:08 2019 DisplayManager: gdm3 GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.shell' b'favorite-apps' redacted by apport b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'gtk-im-module' b"'gtk-im-context-simple'" ProcEnviron: TERM=xterm-256color PATH=(custom, no user) XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set> LANG=en_US.UTF-8 SHELL=/usr/bin/fish SourcePackage: gnome-shell UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) mtime.conffile..etc.logrotate.d.apport: 2019-01-12T15:50:59.090583 To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1825004/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

