What happens if you run "tracker info [path and filename]" (e.g. tracker
info /home/user/myfile.mp3) or open a terminal in the folder where the
file is and run "tracker info [filename]"?

I am having an issue recently where images don't show in Photos - but
querying with tracker info shows that they have been indexed, but
indexed incorrectly somehow (show as size zero, and not as images). I
can manually reindex them and it then works, but obviously that isn't
ideal. Perhaps this is a similar problem?

Packages, which is subscribed to tracker in Ubuntu.

  Tracker not returning known results

Status in tracker package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: tracker

  Tracker is not giving me results when I query a known-existing string.
  I have a large collection of MP3s that are indexed on a mdadm RAID5
  array that are shared through Samba. I have many ZZ Top albums on this
  share but Tracker will return 0 results when the query "zz top" is
  used. A similar search for "acdc" also returns 0 results even though
  many songs exist in the indexed locations. The total files indexed by
  the Tracker daemon is 337951, 49562 of them being identified as music
  in the "Statistics" dialog. Most queries return correct results, these
  were just two that I tried to verify that the Tracker was working
  correctly, and it isn't.