Public bug reported:

Package: emacs
Version: 1:26.1+1-3.2ubuntu2

How to reproduce:

1) Run emacs-gtk

2) Enter the text in the title ("long rightwards double arrow ⟹ should
be longer and rightwards double arrow ⇒ should be shorter") into the
scratch buffer

3) Observe that ⟹ (U+21D2) is shown short and ⇒ (U+27F9) is shown long
in the emacs buffer (cf. the attachment).  But it should be the other
way round!

M-x describe-font [Enter][Enter] returns the following:

name (opened by): -DAMA-Ubuntu
Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-13-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1
       full name: Ubuntu
Mono:pixelsize=13:foundry=DAMA:weight=normal:slant=normal:width=normal:spacing=100:scalable=true
       file name: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ubuntu/UbuntuMono-R.ttf
            size: 13
          height: 14
 baseline-offset:  0
relative-compose:  0
  default-ascent:  0
          ascent: 11
         descent:  3
   average-width:  7
     space-width:  7
       max-width:  7

I see the symbol width as expected in the character table for the font
Ubuntu Mono, therefore, I personally don't say that the font is guilty,
though the reader may do it if they think otherwise.

$ lsb_release -rd
Release:        19.04

** Affects: emacs (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to emacs in Ubuntu.

  long rightwards double arrow ⟹ should be longer and rightwards double
  arrow ⇒ should be shorter

Status in emacs package in Ubuntu: