Daniel, I think I added an inaccurate description and therefore you
misunderstood me. You changes summary to "Activities overview window
spread keeps windows on their original monitors instead of bringing them
together onto one", but I talked about workspaces with available
applications. Look at attached screenshot "Activities with marks.jpg".
You can see what application from the primary monitor is shown on
workspace previews, application form other monitors are not shown. And
the option "Workspaces span displays" ("The current workspace includes
additional displays") doesn't have any effect.

I think a correct summary: Workspaces include application from the
primary display only even if to use "Workspaces span displays" option.

** Attachment added: "Activities with marks.jpg"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1829124/+attachment/5263895/+files/Activities%20with%20marks.jpg

  Activities overview window spread keeps windows on their original
  monitors instead of bringing them together onto one

  Opinion

Bug description:
  I can't see and manage applications on 2 of 3 monitors using
  Activities. For example I started different application on all 3
  monitors and run Activities. You can see on attached "Activities.png"
  screenshot what only an application from the primary display is shown.

  I set "Workspaces span displays" option in GNOME Tweaks but this
  doesn't help. If to use "Multi monitors add-on" it allows to shown
  individual activities for each display, but can't collect all
  applications from all displays together.

  This produce a serious problem if only the primary monitor is on, but
  some application was opened on currently turned off monitor. No way to
  move it to currently working monitor.

  Reproduced on Ubuntu 18.04.2.