dmesg.txt

** Attachment added: "dmesg.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1828967/+attachment/5263898/+files/dmesg.txt

  Gnome shell and Xorg use at least 10% CPU

  Related to Issue #1773959

  On a fresh install of Ubuntu 19.04 on a 2019 Dell XPS 13, I have very high
CPU usage from gnome-shell and Xorg (each one is taking up around 10%) when no
other process is running. This increased greatly to more than 20% for
gnome-shell when I enabled showing seconds in the top bar. After disabling
seconds, I went back to ~10% cpu usage for each of those processes again. I
opened this because most of the other relevant issues are closed, expired, or
marked as invalid.
  ---
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo" - Release amd64 (20190416)
  Package: gnome-shell 3.32.0+git20190410-1ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  disco
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip docker input lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True