I'm extremely sorry. While trying to see what the different statuses
mean, I accidentally changed the bug status to "fix released" and
launchpad doesn't let me undo my mistake. I hope this doesn't cause any
trouble.

  [regression] No window spread animation in gnome-shell
  3.28.3+git20190124

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-shell source package in Bionic:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-shell source package in Eoan:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  No window spread animation in gnome-shell 3.28.3+git20190124.

  [Test case]

  1. Open two or more windows/apps.
  2. Tap the Super (Windows) key.

  Expected: Windows slide apart smoothly.
  Observed: Windows separate suddenly.

  [Regression Potential]

  Low. The proposed fix is a commit picked from gnome-shell 3.30.0 and
  has been used without issue in Gnome 3.30 and 3.32 for many months
  already.

  [Original Description]

  On Ubuntu 18.04.2, Xorg, Gnome version
  3.28.3+git20190124-0ubuntu18.04.1, there's no animation anymore when
  you open the activities panel. When you close it, the animation shows
  up normally. The animation used to work, but it stopped by the end of
  April 2019. It doesn't seem to be a video driver issue, since it
  happens both when using Nvidia and Intel graphics. The issue persists
  after disabling all Gnome extensions.

  It's worth mentioning that the animation shows up if you access
  activities through the top right hot corner, but it doesn't if you
  press the button or the Windows key.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.28.3+git20190124-0ubuntu18.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.18.0-18.19~18.04.1-generic 4.18.20
  Uname: Linux 4.18.0-18-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.6
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Wed May  1 18:00:49 2019
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=pt_BR:pt:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)