Reverting the status to "Fix Committed" because the updates to bionic,
cosmic and disco haven't been released yet.

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox 67 in Ubuntu 18.10 thinks it's an older version

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  New
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Today I installed the Firefox 67 update on Ubuntu 18.04, then updated
  to Ubuntu 18.10. After this, launching Firefox gave me a "Using an
  older version of Firefox" message with only two options: create a new
  profile or quit.

  Apparently the Firefox 67 build for 18.10 thinks it's an older version
  than the Firefox 67 build for 18.04.

  For now I worked around the issue by manually installing the Firefox
  67 build for Ubuntu 18.04, which did load the existing user profile
  correctly.