Public bug reported:

this is about the application Archive manager (I do not like generic
names btw. makes searching a pita) in gnome 3 as used by Ubuntu 18.04

If I open an archive and extract the contents, I get a window with two
options: close and show the files. I always want to press both buttons
at the same time as I am finished with the archive and want to continue
with the extracted files. there is no need to keep the archive manager
window open.

Hence my request for a change of the button "show the files" to a "close
and show the files"

uname -a: Linux compaq 4.15.0-51-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15
14:27:21 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, Gnome 3.28.2

** Affects: file-roller (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to file-roller in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1832330

Title:
  gnome archive manager: "show the files" -> "Close and show the files"

Status in file-roller package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  this is about the application Archive manager (I do not like generic
  names btw. makes searching a pita) in gnome 3 as used by Ubuntu 18.04

  If I open an archive and extract the contents, I get a window with two
  options: close and show the files. I always want to press both buttons
  at the same time as I am finished with the archive and want to
  continue with the extracted files. there is no need to keep the
  archive manager window open.

  Hence my request for a change of the button "show the files" to a
  "close and show the files"

  uname -a: Linux compaq 4.15.0-51-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15
  14:27:21 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, Gnome 3.28.2

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/file-roller/+bug/1832330/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to