> Would this bug also affect use of Oracle OpenJDK 12 when trying to call an
> external hsqldb.jar, e.g. when a user has what is known as a split database
> (no embedded hsqldb) ? If so, then it would be a regression for those users.

Hard to tell without further information about such failures.  If there
is a bug about that, please give a link to it here, so we can discuss
that issue there instead of speculating here.

  Reports won't open

Status in LibreOffice:
  Confirmed
Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in libreoffice source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in libreoffice source package in Bionic:

  Reports that were working as of June this year (I haven't opened them
  since then) now are failing with the following error:

  Can not activate the factory for
  org.libreoffice.report.pentaho.SOReportJobFactory$_SOReportJobFactory

  I tried creating a fresh report to see if its some kind of out of date file
format but I get the same error:
    1. select "Create Report in Design View..."
    2. select "Save"
    3. Double click report
    4. Same error as above

  Of course I'm expecting the report to open without an error.

  Package: libreoffice-report-builder 1:6.0.6-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Nov  8 12:16:08 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64 (20180105.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-05-01 (190 days ago)