Public bug reported:

I've tried this in two different hidpi monitors with different scaling
configurations:

1) A 1920x1080 screen with scale factor 1x and font scale factor 1.25.

2) A 3000x2000 screen with scale factor 2x.

In the first one, icons are too small, I have to change:

   this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
Panel.PANEL_ICON_SIZE + 6);

to

   this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
Panel.PANEL_ICON_SIZE + 12);

OTOH, icons are a little too big in the second setting and I have to do:

   this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
Panel.PANEL_ICON_SIZE + 2);

Icons directly managed by gnome shell are not sized according to
PANEL_ICON_SIZE, see:

   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-
shell/blob/master/js/ui/panelMenu.js

Short of a smarter way of computing icons size, you could provide a
setting to adjust it so that the user could fine tune it if necessary
without hacking the code.

** Affects: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

** Summary changed:

- Size is not right with hidpi (both 2x and fractional scaling)
+ Size is not right with hidpi (both 2x and 1x with font scaling)

** Description changed:

  I've tried this in two different hidpi monitors with different scaling
  configurations:
  
  1) A 1920x1080 screen with scale factor 1x and font scale factor 1.25.
-  
+ 
  2) A 3000x2000 screen with scale factor 2x.
- 
  
  In the first one, icons are too small, I have to change:
  
-    this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
+    this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
  Panel.PANEL_ICON_SIZE + 6);
  
  to
  
-    this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
+    this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
  Panel.PANEL_ICON_SIZE + 12);
  
  OTOH, icons are a little too big in the second setting and I have to do:
  
-    this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
+    this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
  Panel.PANEL_ICON_SIZE + 2);
  
+ Icons directly managed by gnome shell are not sized according to
+ PANEL_ICON_SIZE, see:
  
- Icons directly managed by gnome shell are not sized according to 
PANEL_ICON_SIZE, see:
- 
-    https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-
+    https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-
  shell/blob/master/js/ui/panelMenu.js
  
  Short of a smarter way of computing icons size, you could provide a
- setting to adjust it.
+ setting to adjust it so that the user could fine tune it if necessary
+ without hacking the code.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-appindicator in
Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1832793

Title:
  Size is not right with hidpi (both 2x and 1x with font scaling)

Status in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I've tried this in two different hidpi monitors with different scaling
  configurations:

  1) A 1920x1080 screen with scale factor 1x and font scale factor 1.25.

  2) A 3000x2000 screen with scale factor 2x.

  In the first one, icons are too small, I have to change:

     this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
  Panel.PANEL_ICON_SIZE + 6);

  to

     this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
  Panel.PANEL_ICON_SIZE + 12);

  OTOH, icons are a little too big in the second setting and I have to
  do:

     this._iconBox = new AppIndicator.IconActor(indicator,
  Panel.PANEL_ICON_SIZE + 2);

  Icons directly managed by gnome shell are not sized according to
  PANEL_ICON_SIZE, see:

     https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-
  shell/blob/master/js/ui/panelMenu.js

  Short of a smarter way of computing icons size, you could provide a
  setting to adjust it so that the user could fine tune it if necessary
  without hacking the code.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-extension-appindicator/+bug/1832793/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to